Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday in the Park......

I know it's unbelievable, but something is actually blooming in our yard!  Credit goes to God!


Stickers yes, but pretty flowers.


When we first moved here, we dug up all the cactus.  It had stickers, and we had grandkids. 

Years ago we thought my Grandma Jessie had something really wrong with her.  She had a tumor in her stomach.  The doctors operated to see if it was cancer and to remove it.  It turned out a cactus thorn imbedded itself in her stomach and tissue grew around it.
After that, she never thought it was very funny when we brought her a cactus....smile.  Yes we are a strange lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Babysitting Lucky!  For those that haven't met her yet, she's my Granddog.  No sewing today.  Lucky requires lots of attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It is still Saturday.  Mick and I go around singing, "It's Saturday in the Park.  I thought it was the 4th of July."  He does usually start it on Saturday....grin.  That's all of the song we ever remember.
So I thought I would play it for everyone today.

Have a great rest of the weekend!



4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

She's singing! Sounds like a relaxing, restful weekend.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

A cactus thorn in her stomach? Ouchie! Grand dog is adorable!

Wendy said...

My son and I were just talking about that song the other day. I love it when my grown children like the music I listened to in my youth! And this one just really relaxes me! P.S. Pretty flowers!

Angie in SoCal said...

There are opuntias without any thorns. And yes, those are lovely examples. I like the fruit that form afterwards. Take off the thorns and freeze and they make a refreshing snack. What a plant God made. You can eat the pads, admire the flower and cool off with the seed pods.