Thursday, September 8, 2011

Applique Thursday.....forget the break....grin.

It's all Ironed on.  NOW what...grin.

Don't forget to go check out Angie's A Quilting Reader's Garden  She's making great progress on her applique.

I've given up on taking a break. The wildfires keep drawing me back anyway to check out the latest.
I'm safe, but almost 1400 homes have been destroyed. It's so sad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father God, please give all those that have been affected by these wild fires 'Your Peace' as 'You' take them 'through' this next chapter in their lives.  Amen

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely block Billie - my prayers and thoughts are with all you in your time of need. I understand the devistation and loss as we experience the other side of the coin with the flooding.

Mommarock said...

It is so scary! I walk outside and sniff, and smell smoke and worry. Fortunately, the fires are all far away, but the smell of the smoke travels far and so do the worries because everything is SO DRY!! We packed up a go box (sort of) and figure something is better than nothing...but it is time to start thinking ahead rather than thinking I should have. Please stay safe everyone!!! I hate to be a worry wart, but I am.. I want EVERYONE safe!!

Allie said...

Ah that is just lovely - yes, I'd be glued to the computer checking too. Please be safe sweetie, everyone in TX is in my prayers. I had no idea there were that many homes destroyed - how tragic. And AMEN to your prayer.

Angie in SoCal said...

Amen, Billie. I'm praying that tropical storm Nate will bring some much needed rain to Texas, not necessarily wild winds, but a steady rain that will put out the fires and replenish the water. Your block is lovely - now you can machine applique it??

Susan said...

I'm glad that all those I know are safe. That sounds so selfish, but it's harder when someone you know is in trouble. Amen to your prayer. Love your block!

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful block! I echo your prayer... it's definitely heart breaking to see the devastation.