We've lived in this house for a little over 10 years, and this is the first fire in the fireplace.
I thought this day would never come. Mick always said no, because at our old house
the kitty would get the ash in the fireplace confused with his litter box.....grin.
Since Elliott is no longer with us Big Mick said YES!!
We actually had all the lights off. Must be a great flash on the camera.
New problem. After the fake log burned down, Sammie became really interested
in the embers.............Will this be the last fire in the fireplace?
How inviting that looks. All our fireplaces are enclosed except the one with the woodstove insert - 6 huge fireplaces that you can't use - oh and the walk in size one in the cellar that was used 1720's to feed the workers. They say here at least 2-3 more weeks of sub temps - brrrr.
Your fireplace looks BEAUTIFUL! I know we havn't used the fireplace yet in this house either. It is a gas fireplace, and weve been looking for those ceramic fireplace logs to put in there so that it looks like you have logs in there..without having the mess of the logs. We did a wood burning stove for heat purposes for years, and that took the fun out of it for a while..Now, I would love to sit and look at the beauty of it. Yours sure does look romantic!
I'm so envious that you have a fireplace. Our house doesn't have one and I do so miss having a fire on cold days.
A fire SUITS that fireplace...you should have many of them!! Yeah Mick!! Sammie will get use to them once you start having them every night and won't even pay any attention to them!!
Sharon...6 fireplaces...Wow! That sounds like an excellent blog. How nice to have an older home...1720s. Lots of stories about that house. You could probably design a quilt around that time period and get RICH!
Marcia...I found a picture in a magazine of that fireplace and used that when we built. My friend Kathy just got ceramic logs for her fireplace, and it looks wonderful. Very cozy.
Linda.....we really don't have too many cold days here, but I do love the fireplace. The fake log did get a little soot on the inside of the fireplace, but Mick got okay about it...grin.
Kathy.....you guys come over and we'll have a fire. I'll have the maid (Big Mick) spruce the place up. He's buzzing around right now, with his picker upper.
Gals..Kathy just lives around the corner from me.
Post a Comment