Friday, June 1, 2012

The Sampler Society #14


Block 20 chosen from Quilters Cache


I'm not a happy camper.  As most of you know, I've done very little actual quilting.  I'm average at handquilting, but Suck at Machine quilting.  Well I tried again.  I took so much time with these little blocks and was finally satisfied with how they turned out.  I should have left them as a flimsy. 

But nooooo, I stitched in the ditch.  I have learned I can't stitch straight or in a ditch or any where else without Green Eggs and Ham.  My little red block got all twisted up and some of the lines on the other blocks or out of the ditch more than in.

:(((((


Everyone have a great Weekend!!
TGIF

(I'll be pouting)

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh Billie - such pretty work - it takes practic. Practic on scrap yuck like a cheater clothe, you know the ones that are printed squares.

Allie said...

How pretty!!! Billie, it will not show when you wash it - and like the other comment said, practice, practice, practice. Although - the more I practice, the worse I get. That's why I love hand quilting, lol!

Angie in SoCal said...

Billie, you're too hard on yourself. For the little quilting you say you have done, that turned out very good. Like they said: Practice, practice, practice. I started by making placemats and quilting those and making preemie quilts from cheater cloth - hubby and babies don't look close. Think of it as learning to write your letters - they didn't look perfect the first few times you took pencil to hand, did they? Don't despair - I see the stitchings of a fine quilter emerging from the piece I"ve seen here.

Lynn said...

I find stitching in the ditch to be the hardest technique to do well. It is so much easier to swirl around and pretend to know what you're doing! Your block looks great! Hang in there.