Saturday, June 9, 2018

2017 Designer Mystery


Block 12

"Going Steady"

Designed by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs

I had planned to do blocks 11 and 12 for my One Monthly Goal for June.  Yep, you guessed it.  I had already sewn block 11.  Old age made this goal easier....giggle.

That's good, because I haven't been in my sewing room for days.

As many of you know, Google is not sending emails to us when someone has commented on our blog post.
So I'm thanking you in advance for any comments. 

~~~~~~~~~~

A few photos from my week.


Momma bird is not happy with the lack of water.  No room for splashing around.
Texas heat dries it up quickly.  All is good now, and the birdbath is cleaned and filled.


Outside air conditioning.


Nothing cuter than a Mexican or Aztec Dove.  I can't tell the difference.

They always seem so happy and love to visit.



A little of our crop from our bucket garden.
The plants are some varieties of tomatoes shared with us by our great friend Ed.
Does anyone know what causes the cracks in the top left tomato?
Looks like stretch marks to me.

~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone enjoy your weekend.





9 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

LOVE that block!!! How funny that you'd already made block 11 - love your backyard pics! Google is driving me crazy with the comments thing, I turned comments off on my post. Ugh.

Angie in SoCal said...

The fabrics in these blocks are charming. Really like this!

Angie in SoCal said...

From tomatodirt.com " Here’s what happens when a tomato cracks: Tomato plants get too much water too fast.
A tomato’s interior grows quickly as it absorbs the extra water from rain or disproportionate watering, but it expands too fast.
The tomato skin can’t stretch to accommodate the extra fluid.
Cracking alleviates pressure.

dq said...

HI BillieBee! I just love your quilt block!. It looks like a fun project.

I also loved reading about the birds and other summer pleasures.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

lovely outdoor shots and garden produce / your blocks and points always look so perfect...piecing is not my strong point so I usually look at your blocks and think ' well if I do about 1/4 of what she does I"ll be happy' lol...

KaHolly said...

Delightful post, Billie, starting with that sweet block! That’s great that you really only needed one to accomplish your goal. Stay cool!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Sweet of you to take care of the birdies so well. The crop looks delicious, such vibrant colours. Your block looks lovely, Billie, beautiful red.

-Soma

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Testing

Susan said...

Yes, too much water too fast was what I thought, so Angie was good and found a source for that. It happens here a lot, so I only grow small tomatoes, grape - cherry - jelly bean. This year, just jelly bean, and only one of about 15 plants has flowers on it. Don't know what happened there! This was not my plan.
Your block is fab-u-lous! I always like the colors and fabrics you put together. So what are you doing if you aren't in the sewing room? =) Oh, I know, talking to the birds! LOL That is a pretty little dove, and I like your backyard photos!