Sunday, July 27, 2014

Quilter's Choice QAL


Martha Washington Star
Block 10
for

Little Bunny Quilts
 This is the first time I've used the Fast Flying Geese method.  I must admit I like it.
I only had one that was a little wonky.

~~~~~~~~~~
A few pictures I made using our new camera.  The bird photos were made through the window and the others were made from the patio at some things that were quite far away.
(Click on Photo to enlarge)





My favorite










Mick's working on Dr. Who


~~~~~~~~~~
I'll be linking up with 



stitch by stitch

Everyone have a fun week.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photographs! I love your bird on the birdbath. That's a very different start then, isn't it? I like the look of it.

Heidi said...

Great bird-shots!
Oh, and the new block too! And no wonkiness noticed ....

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - your camera certainly does a great job!!!

Clare M said...

I love the colours in your block. The birds are a glorious colour too.

Cath said...

love the bird shots... you are lucky it stayed still so long for you. Is it a Blue Jay?

cucki said...

Sweet blocks..
Big hugs x

cucki said...

And the birds shots are so cute too :)

Wren said...

Looks like you are enjoying the new camera!

Lynette said...

Nice camera. :) I love this block - how did you get the plaids to position so nicely!?

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great photos and great block.

Rebecca in AK said...

Very pretty block! I did not notice any wonkiness. Your new camera certainly takes nice, clear photos! Loved the bird shots.

Angie in SoCal said...

That camera takes great nature shots. So clear! Love you block.

margaret said...

block looks good, like you I liked the flying geese method. I plan to do the missouri star tomorrow, must do some embroidery today as it is embroidery day, so hardanger for me. Photos are so clear, you must be very pleased with the camera, glad the cat did not chase the bird we do not get such pretty ones here in the UKL apart from the kingfisher and have only once sen one and that was in Ireland

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful block! Congrats on the new camera - I love all the gorgeous pictures.