Tuesday, October 5, 2010

IF I HAD NEVER...............by Sandi at Alegacy of Stitches

Thank you so much Sandi for this post ( http://alegacyofstitches.blogspot.com/ ).  Please go and read Sandi's post for today.  It made me think of a few of my.......If I had neverS....

If I had never helped my Mom with genealogy (ugh), I would have never learned what made Mom tick.  It's given us much to talk about over the last 10 years.  We finally had something in common even if it made me crazy...LOL.


If I had never had cancer, I would have never started quilting.............that was on my bucket list....grin.  I wouldn't have made "Flowers for Betsy Bug" for my Mom and seen this sweet look on her face.  That sweet face was worth every stitch I made. 

We all have "If I had nevers...." in our lives.  I just love that Sandi has made me remember a few of the positive ones.

My Grandmother Jessie, long passed, embroidered the baskets.  I made a quilt from them and quilted it for Mom's 89th birthday....last year.  She's on her way to 90.  Grandma called Mom Betsy Bug when she was little.


Thank you Sandi!

Romans 8:28 (New International Version)
More Than Conquerors

28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

2 comments:

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I wonder if I was doing the right thing when I did that post on "If I had never". I believe, though, that sometimes if something we say or do, benefits just one person, then it's been a right thing to do. Sometimes the worst things seem to bring something really good in the end. I think I will have to share your post on my blog now! :-)

Ivory Spring said...

What a sweet quilt.